This page is intended to provide visitors with links to further on-line resources relating to the area of wellness and recovery. Below are some initial links I hope may be helpful. Be sure to revisit this page from time to time, as I will be adding more links to provide a fuller on-line resources guide.
- Steps for Recovery: “Steps for Recovery: The Guide to Clean and Sober Lifestyles”, is an excellent monthly newspaper serving the recovery community - chock full of inspirational articles and practical tips for living clean and sober. Includes a monthly column on wellness and recovery by Dr. John Newport. For further information on “Steps”, visit their website at www.steps4recovery.org .
- Counselor: The Magazine for Addiction Professionals: Counselor is the premier periodical serving addictions treatment professionals. An essential resource for staying up-to-date for developments in the field. For more information, visit their website at www.counselormagazine.com
- RealAge.com: This is one of my favorite websites. You can take the RealAge Test, which calculates your “health age” and compares it with your chronological age. According to their website, over 29 million folks have taken this test! The test also provides customized tips to “get healthier and grow younger”. They also send out frequent healthy living tips – some of the best that I’ve seen. www.realage.com
- Stop Smoking Quit Lines Quit lines throughout the country are staffed by professional counselors who customize their response to each client’s needs. This service is free of charge. Some quit lines also assist callers in gaining access to free or low-cost pharmacological agents to aid in quitting. The National Quit Line Number, which serves as a portal to quit lines in the various states is 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Love First: This is a very informative website managed by Jeff and Debra Jay, pioneers of the “Love First” approach to intervention for alcoholism and drug addiction. If you know of anyone who is currently suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction, I would highly recommend this site. For further information, visit www.lovefirst.net
- Terence T. Gorski’s Clinical Development Website: Terry Gorski, author of Passages Through Recovery and coauthor of Counseling for Relapse Prevention, is an internationally recognized authority on substance abuse and mental health. He is best known for his groundbreaking work in the field of relapse prevention. His website provides extensive resources in the area of relapse prevention, together with a schedule of current workshops for alcoholism and drug abuse treatment professionals. For further information, visit www.tgorski.com
- Dr. Emmett Miller: Dr. Emmett Miller is a physician based in Northern California who is a leading pioneer in the field of mind/body medicine. He has authored an extensive series of audiocassettes and videotapes devoted to using guided imagery to facilitate self-healing. My own favorite tape by Dr. Miller is “The Serenity Prayer”, which is my constant companion on my drive to work. For more information, visit www.drmiller.com
- Serenity Quest:The Serenity Quest website is dedicated to providing inspirational materials for people in recovery, and anyone who is seeking to incorporate a greater level of serenity into their life. Visit their site at www.serenityquest.org
Click Here for information about the book The Wellness - Recovery Connection
Back to Top